Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

Today was a day we have been looking forward to for so long!!! Josie went back to school!
She had her morning burn clinic appointment and after she got bandaged, we headed over to her school. She actually squealed when we pulled into the parking lot! So adorable.
It's no wonder why she missed school so much. When we went to drop her off in class, kids were shouting her name in the hallway, and greeted her with lots of cheers (and a charging group of hugs her awesome teacher intercepted, and I was very grateful for!).
The class filled the board with sweet words, and fun drawings. Josie was really feeling the love!
Jo wanted to bring something for the class to let them know how much their care and concern meant to her these past weeks, so we brought in muffins. She was glad to be able to give something back, even though it was little.
I don't know if it was pregnancy hormones, or what, but I teared up as I said goodbye to my sweet girl. I know she is in good hands though, with a class that is excited for her to be back, and a teacher who cares for her like she is one of her own.
I can't thank everyone enough for your prayers for Josie. These past weeks have been quite a trial. We are grateful for a God who brought us through.
She will still have to see the burn clinic every other day until her burn is healed up, but this was a HUGE milestone!

Josie in front of her special board full of messages.






Josie and Miss Campbell. Josie told me today she was going to knock her over with the biggest hug. I'm glad she didn't actually knock her over, but she probably could have!



2 comments:

Rachel said...

So happy she is back at school! Miss Campbell was my teaching partner way back when....she is wonderful! I bet you are breathing a big sigh of relief to know Josie is healing so well :)

Tamara said...

How fun Rachel! I didn't know that!
Yes, we are glad to see how quickly she is recovering for sure!